Notification and permit procedure
You must send a written notification to the health protection authority at least 30 days before starting/opening any of the following:
- public lodging
- public gym or other sports facility, public sauna, spa, swimming pool, or beach
- school or other teaching facility or club
- daycare centre, children’s home or retirement home
- refugee reception centre
- tanning salon, tattoo parlour, beauty salon, or other facility where skin treatments take place
- other public facility where the operations taking place may cause health hazards
- a facility which supplies drinking water, and does not have its own water abstraction or treatment system
- using drinking water as part of a public or commercial operation (the operator is not a water supply agency)
- water abstraction or a water reservoir for common use and for the needs of at least 50 people or at least 10 m3/day
Facilities supplying drinking water that practice their own water abstraction or treatment, must apply for a permit at least 3 months before commencing operations.
You must also apply for a permit if the water abstraction or treatment operations expand or change significantly, or if there is a significant change in water quality or distribution. In such cases you must file a notification at least 30 days in advance of commencing operations.
You cannot supply drinking water or make significant changes to existing operations before your application is approved.