Public places

Notification and permit procedure

You must send a written notification to the health protection authority at least 30 days before starting/opening any of the following:

  • public lodging
  • public gym or other sports facility, public sauna, spa, swimming pool, or beach
  • school or other teaching facility or club
  • daycare centre, children’s home or retirement home
  • refugee reception centre
  • tanning salon, tattoo parlour, beauty salon, or other facility where skin treatments take place
  • other public facility where the operations taking place may cause health hazards
  • a facility which supplies drinking water, and does not have its own water abstraction or treatment system
  • using drinking water as part of a public or commercial operation (the operator is not a water supply agency)
  • water abstraction or a water reservoir for common use and for the needs of at least 50 people or at least 10 m3/day

Facilities supplying drinking water that practice their own water abstraction or treatment, must apply for a permit at least 3 months before commencing operations.

You must also apply for a permit if the water abstraction or treatment operations expand or change significantly, or if there is a significant change in water quality or distribution. In such cases you must file a notification at least 30 days in advance of commencing operations.

You cannot supply drinking water or make significant changes to existing operations before your application is approved.

Löysitkö etsimäsi

Kiitos palautteesta!